by Paula Knudsen
We start life in the womb swimming in a bag of salt water that is comparable to a clean ocean.
Once we are born, we are hopefully breastfed for at least the first 3 months of life providing us with vital nutrients and minerals we need for optimal development. After that, many of us begin a journey of mineral deficiency.
Even if we eat organic fresh produce, drink juices and stay away from dairy and meat, the soil and water in our world is mineral depleted. High blood pressure, unstable blood sugar, arthritis, thyroid and adrenal issues are just a few of the most common ailments that result from mineral deficiency. According to Nobel Prize Winning chemist, Linus Pauling, “Every sickness can be traced to mineral deficiency.”
The Human Body is at Least 82% Salt Water
The human body consists mainly of salt water. There are many books written on salt. All of them state the human body is at least 82% salt water or more. Yet we have been told for years that consuming salt can be harmful. And that is true – the salt you have been fed is literally making you sick, if you are consuming regular table salt and the processed foods made with it that are rampant in the typical American diet.
Processed foods use chlorine bleached table salt that is laced with bromides and other chemicals that deplete the body of much needed minerals and eventually cause it to malfunction. Table salt also contains aluminum in many cases, which has been linked to Alzheimers disease and other problems in the body. In fact, when salt-water fish are placed in salt water made with table salt… they die.
However there is anecdotal and scientific evidence that not only is salt not harmful but that consuming the right kind of salt, in a specific form, helps to give our bodies the vital minerals it needs and can be very beneficial to our health. Natural salt contains over 84 trace minerals that nourish our bodies.
Sole’ is a Low Cost, Natural Supplement with Numerous Benefits
Sole’ (pronounced Solay) is a simple and inexpensive natural supplement that has numerous health benefits and can help the body detoxify, boost energy, improve digestion and much more! It isn’t just a small amount of salt dissolved in water, but rather water that has been fully saturated with a natural salt until it cannot absorb any more. Drinking Sole’ and using good salt will re-mineralize your body and help your health by:
- Regulating the water content throughout your body and rehydrating the body
- Alkalizing your body. It promotes a healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
- Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging
- Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body
- Improving the digestion. Sole’ stimulates the digestive system promoting food absorption and regularity naturally.
- Supporting respiratory health
- Promoting sinus health
- Prevention of muscle cramps
- Promoting bone strength
- Regulating your sleep
- Supporting your libido
- Promoting vascular health
- In conjunction with water it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure and blood sugar
- Detoxifying the body. Sole’ is naturally anti-bacterial and can help remove bad bacteria in the body.
- Acting as a natural anti-histamine
- Producing healthy skin, hair and nails because of its high mineral content
How to Make Sole’
Ingredients: Salt and Water
As Sole’ is simply salt and water, the quality of the salt is extremely important. Healthy grey or pink Himalayan salt is best, with a small amount of Redmond Real Salt from Utah which, according to Dr. Brownstein’s research, has a higher percentage of minerals.
- Get a clean glass jar with a plastic or non-metal lid. (A mason jar works well.)
- Fill it 1/3 full with Himalayan and Redmond Salt.
- Fill the rest of the jar with clean filtered water.
- Put on a glass or plastic cover and shake.
- Let it sit for 24 hours and then you have Sole’ which is the water infused with the salt minerals until no more can be absorbed. If there are still salt crystals at the bottom of the jar, then the water has absorbed all it can.
- Every morning, on an empty stomach, take one teaspoon in a cup of warm water and drink like tea. Don’t add any more, especially at the beginning. If you find you have a detox reaction or headache, start with a smaller amount and work up to a teaspoon.
Note: Do not use a metal utensil to measure or touch the Sole’ with any metal object.
- You can drink as is or add a drop of therapeutic Young Living Essential Oils for flavor. As you use the water add more and shake.
- When there are no more salt crystals on the bottom of the jar add more salt. Store at room temperature. It will not go bad as long as the water and salt added is clean. Enjoy!
You are now on your way to a re-mineralized body.
(As with any health advice, consult a qualified practitioner before adding any new supplements, especially if pregnant, nursing or if you have a medical condition.)
An Extra Tip for Leg Cramps
Soak your feet in a cup of Sole’ and Epsom salts in a bucket of warm water in the evening. Your body is your largest organ and salt baths are very important to help re-mineralize. It’s been said that during a full moon a salt bath will cause the minerals to be optimally absorbed and during a new moon the cleansing effects of the salt are optimized. Try it and see.
Paula Knudsen is a published author and independent researcher of natural health alternatives. She believes Young Living Therapeutic Essential Oils, Re-structured water and GOOD salt are of utmost importance for the health of our world. You can reach her at: